Mischo Beauty School: At-Home Skincare 101
I posted this earlier this year and felt it only appropriate to post again with the start of the new spring season. For those of you who haven’t adopted a skincare regimen, it’s never too late! Just about every client I’ve seen for facials asks me what they should do to maintain the health of their skin in-between facials. Here is my recommendation for an at-home skincare regimen:
1. Cleanse morning & night (never go to bed without removing makeup and cleansing your face!)
2. Tone after cleansing morning & night
3. Use a moisturizer with a minimum of SPF 15 during the day! (90% of aging is caused by UV rays; UVB rays burn the skin and UVA rays age the skin!)
4. Use a moisturizer with antioxidants at night
5. Use an eye cream both morning and night under your moisturizer (this is a preventive measure; signs of aging show first around the eyes, forehead, mouth, neck and hands)
6. Exfoliate 2x a week (helps with cell turnover and with the penetration of product ingredients into the skin)
7. Use a mask 2x a week (many, many benefits!)
8. Take a multi-vitamin daily and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily
9. Eat fresh green vegetables at least 3x a week
10. Make sure you’re getting adequate sleep!
The list above is a general guideline and will vary depending on skin type, age and other factors. The most important aspect of caring for your skin at home is first knowing your skin type and making sure you’re using products specific to your skin type. For instance, if you have oily skin, look for products specifically for oily skin.
Love your skin.
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions! Also, please share with us your skincare regimens – we want to know what works for you!