Well-Healed Wednesdays: Glow Gorgeously, Goal Digger!
We’ve all heard the mantra too many times to count: “You are what you eat!”
Cocktails with our girls may be more socially satisfying, but they won’t actually heal our bodies from the inside out. For that we need to up the ante on our lifestyle and dietary habits, and drinking one green smoothie a day is a great place to start.
Our favorite recipe, the Glowing Green Smoothie**, comes from celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder. We first learned of Kimberly when she released her bestselling book “The Beauty Detox Solution,” which gives great details on how to create a lifestyle that is built to achieve your most healthy, energetic and beautiful self.
Being a Goal Digger requires a sharp mind and great stamina. A daily green smoothie habit is a formidable tool in your arsenal. With the high nutrient value and impressive amino acid content, you will be well on your way to becoming a more efficient, lean, mean, goal digging machine!
**The recipe below makes 60 ounces--enough to refrigerate and use over a few days. 16-20 oz serving size is recommended.
The Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe
Author: Kimberly Snyder
Serves: 60 oz
• 7 cups chopped spinach (about a medium bunch)
• 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
• 2 cups cold filtered water
• 1½ cups chopped celery (about 2 medium stalks)
• 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
• 1 medium pear, cored and coarsely chopped
• 1 medium banana, peeled and cut in thirds
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro (stems are okay)(optional)
• 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley (stems are okay)(optional)
1.Combine the spinach, romaine and water in a blender and begin processing on low. Gradually move to higher speeds and blend until smooth.
2.Next, add the celery, apple, and pear, and the cilantro and parsley (if using). Lastly, add the banana, lemon juice and ice (if using), and blend until smooth. Serve at once or refrigerate, covered, for up to 2½- 3 days.