Ask Mischo Beauty!
This week's question comes from reader, Jamie, who asked the following:
"So what can I do about these stubborn blackheads? I've had it!"
Well, lets first understand what exactly blackheads are! So blackheads, technically called "open comedones", are simply a build up of hardened oil and dead skin cells in a hair follicle. When the hair follicle is exposed to oxygen, it oxidizes and turns black- therefore the name "blackhead". Usually they're present on oily skin or skin types with an oily t-zone.
Here are a few ways to prevent them:
1. A consistent skincare regimen is key!
2. Use skincare products with noncomedogenic ingredients (will prevent pores from clogging).
3. Incorporate an exfoliant into your skincare regimen (will remove dead skin cells).
4. Incorporate a "clay-based" mask into your skincare regimen (will draw excess oil out of follicle).
5. Incorporate facials, by an esthetician, into your skincare regimen (the benefits are countless!).
And most importantly- again, a consistent skincare regimen is key! I hope this helps. Please stop back by and let us know how you choose to move forward, as well as what works for you. Love your skin. #AskMischoBeauty #AskKitiya