Q&A Wednesdays with Kitiya! 0 Comments
This week's question comes from Kim, who asked the following:
The process of removing the excess accumulation of dirt, oil and dead skin cells from the outer most layer of skin is referred to as superficial peeling or exfoliation – and it can be accomplished mechanically (microdermabrasion), manually (scrubs), or chemically (peels).
The many benefits of exfoliation include the following:
- Leaves skin feeling silky smooth!
- Facilitates the extraction of dirt/oil that clogs pores (helps prevent acne!).
- Faster cell turnover rate (keeps skin younger looking!).
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation issues.
- Improves elastin and collagen production.
- May help control conditions such as acne, hyperpigmentation and eczema.
- Improves the skin's ability to retain moisture (prevents dry skin!).
- Helps penetration/delivery of product ingredients into the skin.
- Stimulates blood flow.
- Smooth skin makes the application of makeup easier!